kotter pin on bearing retaining nut

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: kotter pin on bearing retaining nut
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:27:41 -0700
Okay,
I'm finally actually into the job of the wheel bearings.  I got the
wheel off, got the caliper off (just a little fun), and I got the grease
cap off.  How the heck does the kotter pin in the castle nut come out?
The nut is sunken, and so there is no way to get a straight pull at it.
Am I missing something? I haven't tried the other wheel yet, but am
going to now.  Any help is appreciated, as I'm running out of light
(looks like I wont' finish until tomorrow). Thanks!
Mike Jose