Re: Main Bearing Caps MGB

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Main Bearing Caps MGB
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:11:36 -0600
  The GH block that was in my B - its in the basement now - uses studs
and nuts to hold the main caps.  The GV block that's in the car now uses
bolts.  AFAIK, the studs and bolts are interchangeable.

  You don't _need_ a slide hammer to get the end main caps off.  I put a
bolt, 3/8 - 16, as I recall, in the threaded hole in the cap, clamped my
locking pliers on the head of it and pulled, while tapping the bolt
front-to-back with a hammer.  No big deal.

  Cheers,

  CR