welcome to MGdom

To: "'Steve&BonnieSidwell<porsche.com@home.com>'" <porsche.com@home.com>
Subject: welcome to MGdom
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:27:59 -0800
Steve:

        welcome to the fold.

        Drive the wheels off the car.  The freeway between SLO and Santa
Barbara will not be a problem at all.  Cruise at 65-70 and you will be fine.
The engine red line is higher than you will comfortably want to drive due to
noise and vibration.  Without OD you can still cruise at 80 mph all day
without taxing the engine.  The car was designed to be driven, not coddled.

        OD does reduce noise and vibration, but is not necessary for daily
free way use.

        I'm happy to help locally if you have any questions about the car.
I am reasonably competent with most areas, excluding Zenith Stromberg
problems.

        The gear shift knob with shift pattern is not available, because you
are supposed to be keeping your eyes on the road!

regards

Kelvin.

It's a 1978 MGB...*just* repainted the original Brooklands Green...and