"Box" Speakers?

Subject: "Box" Speakers?
From: Steve & Bonnie Sidwell <porsche.com@home.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:13:33 -0800
Any suggestions on simple radio speakers for my new(?) "B"?  Before the
interior was redone, there were a set of bu**-ugly speakers protruding
from the doors - but I opted not to have holes hacked into my new Autumn
Leaf door panels.  One recommendation has been to get a set of "Box"
speakers, and just set them (maybe Velcro) behind the seats.  Not being
a big fan of Rap music, I really need something very modest, and I've
heard comments indicating that door speakers may not be the best
choice....with another option being the rear side panels?  (and cost
*is* a factor...I'm not modest).

Thanks very much,

Steve in Santa Barbara
'78 MGB (quiet-no speakers) Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green