Re: dying BGT gives birth

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dying BGT gives birth
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:47:19 -0800
Walt:

I'd take exception to the Triumph especially those terrible two's & threes.
They're just like children: they don't know how to handle themselves in public.
I've driven one of those A versions in the winter.  Take your foot off the gas
too fast, and it will swap ends on slippery spots faster than you can use an out
house in the winter.  A bowling ball has better ground clearance.  A 'umph 2-3
will high center and slide across wind blown snow like a sled, leaving the
wheels far from the ground.

Don't get me wrong, the Triumphs are nice cars, but the MG makes a better winter
driver if you ever have to leave town.  BTDT

I've spent 40 years driving winter roads leaving the road only twice: both times
when bucking drifts with a two wheel drive pickup.  Winter accidents are zero.
The SD highway department doesn't believe in salt except at heavily used
intersections.  They might sand but that doesn't last long.  Heavily used roads
will generally clear a two track path, but county and township roads have been
"snow packed and slippery" since the first of November.

Blake

<<<snip>>>
(and Tr****ps, He***s, etc) are very good in the snow if you
know how to drive.