rear spring swap

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear spring swap
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:20:07 -0500
Hello list,
I successfully dismantled and reinstalled one side of my rear suspension
last night.  Overall it was a fairly easy procedure.  I just have a few
questions on specifics.  Should the shackle be replaced as a matter of
practice?  I reinstalled with the old one, but it was cupped on the inside
plate and difficult to use.  Should the plates come together flush with both
sides of the spring on the lower link?  Mine still have some space in
between (2-3 mm).
Also, are there any more torque setting I should know about. Haynes only
lists shock absorber bolts.  Seems like the u-bolts and some others might
have a specific torque requirement.

-Dan
'72 B