Re: Left Motor Mount & steering shaft Removal

To: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Left Motor Mount & steering shaft Removal
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 17:30:46 -0500
The lower shaft is not coming out of the rack without more disassembly than
you want to do. You can remove the rack & shaft as a unit after removing the
tie rod ends.

The other solution is, as Larry suggests, a cheap combination wrench cut
short & ground thin. If you are very fortunate, you may be able to find a
tappet wrench, which is made very thin, & just shorten it so you have room
to turn it.

Jim Stuart