rebuilt engine for sale in denver 18V (not mine)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: rebuilt engine for sale in denver 18V (not mine)
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:20:54 -0700 (MST)
There is a guy in Denver (broomfield) with a rebuilt (18V) engine for sale.  He
is not in the paper yet.

He wants to sell his second engine for $500.

He is also selling a '77 B with overdrive, horrible repaint job, bondo'ed
fenders, and a hole in one rocker behind the front wheel so water will spray
in. Also needs a clutch, he said it just needs bleeding, but it doesn't pump
up, and he doens't know MGs.  All this for $3500.

I tried to buy his hard top, but he wouldn't sell it without the car.    (Dang!)

He bought the car for his teenage grand-daughter, but someone told him an MG
isn't a good car for her.  (Someone saved another MG without even knowing it!)

I went and test drove his '77 before I opted on rebuilding mine.

If you want the engine/car his number is 303-460-1238 and his name is John. (or
Jim, but I think it is John, just tell him you got email on it.) He will tell
you the car has no rust.  (That isn't true, unless you are looking with rust
filtration glasses like most owners selling cars are. True there are no longer
any holes.)

I was looking over the engine and found one of the plug wires to the cap was
not connected.  I asked him if it missed, he said no. I put the wire on and
told hiom what I had just done, I didn't call him a lier if he wanted to
connect it, I didn't stop him either...

If you get the hardtop without the car, I will be pissed.

No $ interest...

Andrew