list nazi replies (was: Re: Selling my MGB w/ Pictures)

To: Mgb1979owner@cs.com
Subject: list nazi replies (was: Re: Selling my MGB w/ Pictures)
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:37:03 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 Mgb1979owner@cs.com wrote:

> I am sorry to piss off the Nazis.  If you would like a copy of the pictures
> please e-mail  me, and please send me a copy of any rules you have for your
> e-mails, like no pictures and what not.  I would hate to piss the Nazis off
> again by sending you pictures without going to the list or something.

<AsbestosSuit>
Tony8 as one that would like to remember the way the internet was
(before the September That Never Ended), you have much to learn about
netiquette.  I may want to look at your car.  I may not.  However, if
I want to see it, I am perfectly capable of looking at a website that
you could have listed in your email.  Binary attachments to hundreds
of people you dont know is bad.  Binary attachments to hundreds of
people worldwide, where some people pay for their time online by the
minute is worse.

I happen to be lucky enough to be on a campus connection, so wasted
time is not an issue.  However, with a small (50MB) quota and up to
500 (yes five hundred) emails in a given day, one message with
(relatively large) attachments is a bad thing indeed.

For future reference, when sending an email to people you do not know
on a personal basis (especially a large, unknown amount of said
people), remember that not everybody feels the same as you.  Kindly
bow down to lowest common denominator (plain text, no attachments,
blah blah blah).  Further, when joining a list (or posting to USENET),
read the charter/faq/rules, and understand what they mean.

Feel free to flame me too, since this is wonderfully off topic.
  In the interest of public bandwidth, this will be my only message in
this area.  Flames will be followed up in private :)
</AsbestosSuit>

ObMG: Still making very little progress on my HIF4 conversion, got the
rebuild kit.  Hope to start up again rsn, but it is difficult to get
any work done without a shop to work in :)

On a related (ok maybe not) note, my stock manifold has developed a
leak at the connection to the exhaust.  Since I am planning on
converting anyway, this isn't a big deal, but if the plans go astray,
how hard is it to fix this (generally)?

- --
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.
 My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.
:wq

75' B (my one and only)