Re: TD on Ebay

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD on Ebay
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:01:17 -0700
For Ebay, I usually like to use this link:
http://listings.ebaymotors.com/aw/listings/list/all/category6314/index.html

This will show you all the MGs currently being auctioned and takes up one
page, typically 15-20 cars. You can get a pretty good idea what kind of
price certain types of MGs bring - some go higher than you would expect,
others do not get any bids if the owners try to set the opening bid too
high. I don't think you will get any real steals here because these cars
are all closely watched by interested investors. This TD is probably one of
those that several people will try to get for a good price so they will
wait until the very end before the bidding frenzy begins.

I attempted to buy a 70B on Ebay two months ago and lost the bid at the
last minute. Since then, I noticed the successful bidder is a frequent
bidder on MGBs at Ebay and buys as many at least one or more a week. An
exporter perhaps?

David Councill