Re: '65 Newbie question

To: dprather@centurytel.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '65 Newbie question
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 05:27:25 -0800 (PST)
Doug, ditto Steve's comments, especially if the engine still has the
anti-pollution garbage on it! I'm all for saving as many pull-handle cars
as possible. If the floorboards aren't rusted then that is great, but you
really need to get underneath the car to check out the situation. When I
was looking for Mark I B's to buy, I saw a couple that looked like they
had great floors from the top - but the bottoms were totally rusted and
about a micron from holing... Likewise, rockers can look good from the
outside but the insides can be a mess. Another thing to check would be to
see if the engine and trans are the only non-original items. Depending
upon build date, it should have a 'banjo' rear axle, and items like the
steering wheel and dashboard can be really hard to come by if not original
or modified, and interiors are expensive. Good luck, and let us know the
result!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328