Re: scoop on the Untold Story

To: saidel@camden.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: scoop on the Untold Story
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:14:35 -0600
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:48:26 -0500 Bill Saidel
<saidel@camden.rutgers.edu> writes:
> What's the scoop on D. Knowles's MG: the Untold Story?  Has it been
> told
> before? Does he have insight? etc., etc.

Does he have insight!  Man, he has more insight than you want to know!
The book is excellent, highly detailed and full of stuff that is
"Untold."  There are lots of pictures of prototypes and design studies
that never saw the light of day.  Particularly pukey are the TR7's that
have MG badges on them.  Thank Lord Lucas that idea never went anywhere!

You won't be disappointed.

> Where
> does one store such a vehicle in the winter so it does not
> disintegrate,
> what with the garage already full with a RB B?

You wouldn't believe how many such vehicles populate mini-warehouse
storage places around the country.

On another thread... These are also good places to hide cars from the SO,
should you do that sort of thing.  Right now I have a Sprite sitting in
my rented storage space (outside) that belongs to a friend hasn't yet
disclosed to the trouble and strife.  He didn't spend much money on it,
but it was beyond last month's toy-buying budget.  I'm only paying about
20 bucks a month to save his marriage.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD