Motor mount color

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Motor mount color
From: ValveCurtain@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:29:40 EST
Hi Gang,
   I am at the point of repainting bits of my '70 "B"
engine deep red.  The engine in question is currently
black and is not original to this car.  Therefore, I need
to know a few anal details about what the engine color
scheme SHOULD be.
   There are two steel plates that fit over the motor mounts
and just under the washers and nuts.  On my engine they
are black -- like the motor mount.  Should they be black
or should they be deep red like the engine?
  All constructive information is appreciated.

Best,

Rick
'70 MGB-GT
...other stuff