Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side - the real answer

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side - the real answer
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:17:43 -0500
So after 35 years I now must repent and retract at least one wrong
assumption about those 'dumb Brit engineers'.

When I used to run around in a beater XK150, the right front wheel
hub splines eventually wore right off - smooth as a baby's bottom.
The student budget solution was to whack on the knock off as tight
as possible with a sledge hammer. But the damn wheel would always
undo and depart under hard braking, followed by long searches for
the lost knock off, usually in tall grass pastures. And so it was
that I came to form the belief that all Brit machines, at all
times, simply did things the Lucas Way.

Forever since, all threads on this topic have been relating to
rotational spline clearances. Now thanks to Barney's One CPS
Vertical Relative Motion Theorem, the Universal Order has been
finally restored.

Mike L. (P. Eng.)
60A,67E,59Bug

I see the light - its the ----- Original Message -----