Re: 1965 MGB

To: albmang@tiscalinet.it, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1965 MGB
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 13:26:51 EST
In a message dated 12/29/00 12:20:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
albmang@tiscalinet.it writes:

> 1) Adding some oil to my little mgb, I noticed that the filler cap was
> internally covered with a sort of a tan-coloured "cappuccino foam" (hope you

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The tan foam is generally an indication of water mixing with the oil.  Not a
good thing.  If the car is not used frequently, this could be normal
condensation.  You should change the oil every 6 months, even if you don't
drive the car.

If you use the car frequently and change the oil every 3000 mi., then this
could be an indication of a bad head gasket, which is letting coolant into
the sump.  Change the oil and see if it looks like there's water in it.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport