Re: Seat Belt Safety

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belt Safety
From: "bill king" <kingwj@del.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:32:54 -0500
the acceleration of your fall at 32 ft/sec*sec is much less than the
deceleration from impact.  Now for some really technical terms-you really
need to jerk, not yank, for the inertial mechanism to work, I'd be willing
to bet they are fine.  Back when I was wrenching for a living (early 70's)
it was hard to convince the car owners that the belts really were working.

Bill