spam from lists

To: <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: spam from lists
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:29:56 -0800
Blake,

According to ORBS (www.orbs.org), the list server has been tested to see if it
is an open relay in July and was OK. It would also appear someone has recently
re-submitted it for testing.

Following text from the ORBS database lookup:

      a.. --> 207.173.21.42 has previously tested OK, has been queued for
retesting, and will be checked shortly.

      Submitted: 2000-12-01 05:18:46 UTC (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss)
      There are currently 621003 hosts to be checked

I use various email accounts and the one account I use to receive the mg
digest never receives any spam. Since I  occasionally post to the list, this
also implies no-one is trolling the archives to extract email addresses.

Simon