Re: VIRUS ALEART

To: Gonaj@aol.com, blockmyrl@juno.com, Threadup@ix.netcom.com,
Subject: Re: VIRUS ALEART
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:56:02 EST
In a message dated 1/5/01 12:27:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, Gonaj@aol.com
writes:

> This notice came to me from a very good source.  WATCH OUT
>
> > Subject: Warning of new virus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Relax a little.  This virus was discovered in August 2000.  This is what
Symantec has to say:

"Discovered on: August 31, 2000
Last Updated on: December 7, 2000 5:48:05 PM PST

  December 7, 2000:
Due to a recent decrease in world-wide infections of this worm, SARC is
reducing the threat level of this worm to 3 and removing it from the "Top
Threats" list."

So I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as you are using a decent
anti-virus program and don't download and open ANYTHING from anyone you don't
know.