Re virus W32.HybrisF

To: Aubrey Lieberman <liebs.mediaone.net@f-tech.net>
Subject: Re virus W32.HybrisF
From: "Geoffrey E. Love" <engconn@f-tech.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 19:24:19 -0500
To all my readers:-

Despite running Norton anti virus for the past three years, and
installing upgrades it appears my computer has become infected with a
virus called W32.HybrisF.  It does not, apparently, affect all 'puters
to which it is sent, but appears to be somewhat selective.  It affects
the C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, and is common.

This is a polymorphic worm type of 1224 bytes which is transmitted by
e-mail.  It manifests itself under the title "Ha Ha Ha.  The full story
of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves".

If you get this message, dump it and do not open.  If your 'puter is
running oddly like mine has been for yonks, run your anti-virus
programme tout suite.  There is a fix put out by Norton.  See:-

http://www.symantic.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.hybris.f.html

The fix is a free download called:-

fixhybf.zip

Download it, unzip to DOS and install according to the instructions.

Sorry about this.  I have wondered for ages why my all electric thingy
has not been working properly, and at last I think I have found the
answer.

I am now told I am clean.

You may want to pass this onto others.

Geoff.