Re: Old fuel

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old fuel
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:34:14 -0600
   David makes a valid argument (thanks) and I did burn the old fuel in
my '79 "B", with methyl alcohol added to make the water miscible.
There was very little water in the tank (1/2 pint?).  However, my '70
B-GT has been under water and the tank has a gallon or two of river
water mixed in with the 3/8 tank of gasoline.  So I have five or six gallons
of contaminated fuel that is beyond burnable in an engine.  Unfortunately,
it would work great as a accelerant to burn anything else -- like my house!
   The recyclers here in Tulsa are privately operated so they can
specify what they will take and what they won't.  I haven't found one
that will take old fuel.  Perhaps I need a gasoline fired garage heater?!

Rick