Engine ID

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine ID
From: "Doug" <dprather@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:41:28 -0800
I recently bought a '65 B that will be my first restoration. Biggest part of
the job won't be fixing the car but fixing the repairs done by a previous
owner!

Right now I'm trying to ID the car and engine. There are no ID plates
besides the body number. The VIN on the registration makes perfect sense,
but I need help figuring the engine year. The previous doesn't have a clue
except to say he thinks they put an '80 engine in it.

Service receipts show a remanufactured head, and there is some sealed
fitting on it that appear to be stripped emission stuff.

How can I identify this engine? Is there another number besides the plate?

Thanks

Doug

'65 pull handle B