MGB Oil Pump Reassembly

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Oil Pump Reassembly
From: "DiFede, John" <Jdifede@MediaOne.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:05:46 -0500
Can anyone provide instruction as to oil pump reassembly.  I removed mine,
and the rotors fell out.  The shop manual says to insert the outside rotor
into the pump body with the "chamfered end at the driving end of the rotor
pocket in the pump body".  Problem is both sides of the outside rotor look
identical ie. no chamfer.  There is however a machined dimple on both the
inside rotor and outside rotor.  Are these markings an indication of how the
rotors should be re assembled.  I'm guessing that both dimples should face
the same way.  In other words before I place the cover on the pump, I am
looking at the rotors and I can see the dimple on both the outside rotor and
inside rotor.

Can anyone confirm this or offer advice?

Thanks

John Di Fede
Business Analyst
Cablevision Inc.