pulsing - wow! hey... how about this one!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: pulsing - wow! hey... how about this one!
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:41:00 -0500
Well first off... a hardy thanks to all the responses.
Wow! I've asked questions before... but have never
gotten back so many responses before (let alone
so quickly!)  Apparently this is a subject where I'm
not alone or others have seen this too.

>From all the responses I've come to consider the
following as a possible problem, as it's one of the
few common elements on both marques.

Even on the dual HS4 conversion on the Spit, I retained
the breather system and carbon canister setup
of the single Stromberg. This setup is almost identical
on both the BGT and the Spit.

Both cars have the valve cover breather to carbon canister
connection. The fuel tank runs to the same canister
as does the float bowl vents.

What are your thoughts on something in this breather
system fighting each other? That is to say... the float
bowls being effected by vacuum from the valve cover
or fuel tank vent.

If the fuel tank vacuum created as gas is extracted, or the
crank vacuum pulling on the canister were to create
a small vacuum in the float bowls, does it sound feasible
that this would effect the gas level in the float bowls
which would explain why pulling the choke to compensate
for the level in the jets makes it run better.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com