Re: O-series engine was (The MG Story on Speedvision)

To: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>,
Subject: Re: O-series engine was (The MG Story on Speedvision)
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:10:49 -0000
Wasn't the MGB to be the *first* recipient of the 'O'-series?  I had a 2200
for several years - very comfortable and spacious.  Only had one mechanical
problem and that was a suspension unit knocking - but I got rid before
replacing.  That and the vastly different paint quality between left and
right sides.  The only major recall I can, er, recall was to replace the
engine mounts with some that allowed the drive shafts to run with less angle
to stop premature failure of the CV joints.  Not poor quality - bad design.

PaulH.