Re: A floor boards & Engine I.D

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A floor boards & Engine I.D
From: "Michael Nadeau" <nade18@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:25:10 -0500
I just had a friend of mine make me a set of floor boards for my A. He used
Baltic Birch plywood. Comes in 5'x5' sheets and is used for cabinet making.
We used 1/2" (9 ply) for the bottom pcs. and the front two and the back are
3/8" (7 ply). Strong stuff. Don't know exactly what type of glue is used but
if its sealed properly I don't see a problem.

Now my question. Does anyone recognize this engine I.D;   BHM1124 ES47346 It
is a 1622cc. It is completely rebuilt, actually it was still wrapped in
plastic, and was part of the deal. A 1962 MGA with orig. engine and this
engine. The seller told me he got the engine from someone in CT. that gets
them rebuilt in England but I have a hard time believing that the guy could
get complete engines from there and make money. It has a crossflow alum.
head and Weber manifold and cost the guy I bought it from $3500. I paid
$3500 for the car and the two engines. Now I had the engine in my MGB
rebuilt from a shop locally in MA. for $1800 and if I bought a crossflow for
it I would have spent almost the same. Does any of this make sense?

TIA.
Mike Nadeau