Motor mount alignment

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Motor mount alignment
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:50:44 -0600
Hi Gang,
   Last night I tried to install new front motor mounts.  The
mounting holes on the left side almost line up with the frame
holes; Close enough to drift into place.  The right side holes
are 1/2" or more too far astern -- almost as if the mount was
wrong.  The engine does not look 'angled' so I ask your advice
before I attempt to 'drift' the right mount into correct alignment.
Perhaps my rear mounts are so worn that they won't allow the
front mounts to align.  I have new rear mounts but haven't
started on that end of the problem yet.
   Have you encountered misaligned new front motor mounts?
Constructive advice is appreciated.

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK