Re: your mail

To: JustBrits <justbrits@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:08:59 -0700
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 11:34:58AM -0600, JustBrits profoundly declared:
> <<..., the only problem I run into is generating enough torque to get them
> to break loose>>
>
> That's BECAUSE you aren't using PoziDriv, James!!

I know its the wrong tool, and I will solve that problem, but I don't
understand how a lack of torque it due to a different tool.  Are you telling me
that a Posidriv screwdriver will generage more torque than a phillips?  The bit
is not slipping EVER, the torque is being generated by me, and I don't see how
one screwdriver will hemp me make more torque than another.

> Phillips DOES NOT fit (and vice versa).  And you're ruining the Phillips.

IF, I were to discover that my phillips screwdriver was getting ruined (thus
far it is not) then I would walk it into my local neighborhood Sears and have
it replaced, but that is a whole different thread.

> Ed
>
> PS:  Ya don't torque a cylinder head with a Cresent wrench, do ya??<G>

No, I generally use my teeth.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.