Re: Custom Engine Stand and other iron doohickeys?

To: "Dan Ray" <dray2@kc.rr.com>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Custom Engine Stand and other iron doohickeys?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:49:40 -0600
At .... now working at Ft. Leavenworth .... These bad dudes also do custom
metal work that they sell on post for material cost. ....

>.... What have YOU wished you could make custom at cost? ....

Here's a nice doohickey for starters, a trailer hitch for the MGA with
nicely detailed drawings.  Check here:
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pichitch/hitch.htm

I designed this and built the first one in 1989.  Since I put the plans on
line three years ago several of our internet acquaintances have also built
these for themselves one at a time.  This is made from about 17 pounds of
raw material type steel stock, square tube, flat bars and angle iron.  That
should be about $10 worth of material.  The handful of fasteners required
could be supplied by the end customer, or whoever is handling the
transaction in between.

Now go ahead and ask how many people on this email list would like to have
a trailer hitch for their MGA for about $10 plus shipping.  The only thing
I ask is that no one should make a profit on the production without my
explicit written permission to use the design.  All that means is that if
someone wants to make a profit, I want a cut.  8^)  Otherewise the design
is still available for anyone who wants to build one for themselves.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg