RE: Bouncing Tach

To: <LBCarCoMail@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Bouncing Tach
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:46:21 -0600
Thanks Jeff, I haven't had a chance to even look to see if it has a cable or
is electric.  My son is bringing the car home either tonight or tomorrow
morning, so that is one more thing I will be looking at this weekend.

I want to publicly thank Jeff for getting my last order to me so quickly.
As I told Jeff when I ordered, I got myself into a bit of a bind this past
week, and Jeff helped to pull me out.  Last weekend I pulled the
transmission out of my TR6 to repair the taper pin that had sheared.  I
figured I'd have plenty of time to get it done, but last week he had his
first crisis, his car overheated, but he got through it just fine.  He got a
bunch of tools for Christmas, since he said he would need them to work on
his car.  His car overheated in traffic, the electric fan isn't working.  I
told him to remove the thermostat until he could bring the car home.  Well
while taking the thermostat housing off he broke one of the studs.  He
wasn't sure where to go from here, so I told him how to remove a broken stud
and he managed to get it out.  He got another stud and put it in, now
everything was fine, except he tried to just use the old gasket.  Well
anyway, he decided he would bring it home this weekend for dad to help fix.
Since I only have a one car garage, that is currently filled with a broke
TR6, I could have had a problem if the weather didn't cooperate.  I needed
parts to fix the TR6 as well as the parts for my son's car in a hurry.  Jeff
came through with everything I needed and even ahead of schedule.  Hopefully
we'll get the transmission back in my TR6 tomorrow morning, then tomorrow
afternoon and Sunday morning I can devote to my son's MGB.  Without Jeff's
great service I'd never be able to accomplish these tasks.

Thank you Jeff.

Ken Waringa