Parts needed, 77B transmission

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts needed, 77B transmission
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:46:02 -0500
In reassembling the 77B I may have discovered the cause of the transmission's
occasional reluctance to stay in 3rd gear.  The gear shift lever seat cover is
supposed to be held in place by three shoulder screws and spring washers.
Discovered that mine only had two of them with the third being a plain 1/4-28
screw and lock washer.  This could interfere with the shift lever location and
require more oomph to properly get it into third gear.  Unfortunately, the screw
and spring washer are Moss B/O.  Anybody happen to have a pair that they'd be
willing to part with?

BTW, I hope to be cranking for oil pressure today and, if all goes well, firing
it up tomorrow.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/