Autojumble and eBay... Delete if no interest

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Autojumble and eBay... Delete if no interest
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:24:02 -0800 (PST)
Several asked about subscribing to the autojumble list - it's the same as
this list. Send an e-mail to Majordomo@autox.team.net and put subscribe
autojumble in the body of the note.

Regarding eBay - I have purchased a number of parts via the auction route
over the past few months. Specifically, I've gotten an original 1965 B
Driver;s handbook for $14.50, a NOS Lucas rear-signal lens (upper) for
$7.00 and a steering column cowl for $7.83 (all prices exclude shipping).
I have also had good luck at shows and the MGOC classifieds. Since I have
a number of relatively minor parts I am collecting for my '66, I have a
spreadsheet comparing prices at several well-known LBC companies, for
quick reference. Shipping is usually a wash so I don't factor that in. The
'watch this item' feature on eBay comes in handy, and I generally check
for new additions every other day. For me, it's part of the hobby, and a
great way to see what various parts are going for (I keep a little list of
similar parts that I need, so I know the values when they come up). Since
this is a long(ish) term resto, I have the luxury of passing on parts that
are too expensive and waiting for new ones. I passed up a lot of $25
taillight lenses and got only the part I needed, as mentioned above, for
$7.00. I also got lucky with the handbook - I missed bidding on it but no
one else had so I contacted the seller and got it for the opening bid.
Regarding quality - between these items and other non MG related things
I've bought, I have had zero instances of things not being as advertised.
Check the seller ratings.

Bottom-line, there are a LOT of sources for good used parts and you need
to ceep checking them all.

=====
Dan DiBiase