Re: I'm Back! (temporarily)

To: "Nory" <Nory3@webtv.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I'm Back! (temporarily)
From: "Dan Ray" <dray2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:53:00 -0500
Hi Nory!
I just rejoined the list after a hiatus myself and now I'm in KS, not KY
(army nomadic life, y'know).
This is just my take after many hours perusing ads for all things MG.

FWIW and KISS, sounds like you have a $5K offer to give for starters. At
least that would be a good financial planning figure pending physical
inspection. I'm probably the LAST person whose knowledge would be considered
sound or worthy, but at least I'm brave enough to venture a guess, so I
thought I'd throw in my $.02.
The thing's been sitting so long, as you remarked, all the rubber is trash,
paint's probably sad too, not to mention the fabric/leather bits. Given the
other parts, and the situation of the seller, I'd say $5K is not ripping him
off and not so much that (given the extra parts) you'll be screwed either.
The worst that could happen is he laughs and says he'd never let you have
all that for $5K, right?

Dan