Re: O/D interlock switch

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: O/D interlock switch
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:11:11 -0800
What year?

In a Mk. I bodyshell it can be easily accessed through the tunnel top cover.

You might be able to poke at it through the shifter opening in a Mk. II, but
it's hard to see what kind of tool would actually get on it. A large, thin
open-end spanner?

Lowering the tranny as much as possible could help, I suppose.

To me it sounds like you might not need to repair the switch, just either
tighten it down a turn or two (if possible), or remove a washer and replace
it. This is assuming it's a matter of plunger travel.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149