Re: was Auto Recyclers, now Yugo

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: was Auto Recyclers, now Yugo
From: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 15:24:39 -0500
Even better, there are some Fiat people who use Yugo bits as low-budget speed
parts.  The cylinder head from a Yugo will drop right on to an X1-9, and raise
the compression about a point.  Vroom!

Or, vice-versa, you could put a 1500 cc Fiat motor in a Yugo.  Plop the Yugo
head back on, and you've got a good sized motor, running 10:1 compression and
revving all day.

Quality issues aside (between me&my girlfriend we've got 3 lbcs, so don't talk
to me about cars with bad reputations, deserved or not), I think they're kinda
neat little cars.  If I ever wanted to get a little FWD box, for utility and a
bit of fun, the Yugo seems more tempting (and yeah, more silly) than something
like a Rabbit or a Civic.

Call me crazy.  Well, everybody else does...

Have a good weekend, all.
Matt