Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilemma (long)

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilemma (long)
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 22:48:01 -0800
  I hear and respect all the POVs that have been expressed.

  My POV is that museum pieces belong in museums.

  I have used all of my cars as drivers, LBCs and others.  The idea of
restoring one of my cars to the point that I wouldn't want to drive it
is repugnant to me.  However, it's only my POV.  So how abot the
following:

 * A grouping for trailer queens of any class.  Must be original to the
last split pin.

 * A grouping for drivers of any class.  Handling and safety upgrades
allowed, but no polished  fuel lines, etc., allowed.  Do you get the
idea?

  These are broad guidelines.  I recognize that the idea leaves lots of
room for nit-picking.  It does eliminate the "what's original" conflict
from the general show, I think.  "If you drove it up here then it's a
driver...."

  Many of us love to drive our cars, that's why we have them.  It would
be nice to be able to drive a long way to and put our cars in the show
without knowing that we'll be made to look like junk by the "almost
trailer queens."  How to tell?

  The more i write the harder it seems to accommodate everyone......

  Cheers,

  CR