Progress but no climax (long

To: jphillips@cvalley.net (Julie Ann Phillips),
Subject: Progress but no climax (long
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:22:57 -0600
G'Day Gang,
   Only four more weeks until the Australian F1 Grand prix!
I'm already excited even though the US television broadcast
rights have not been decided. :-|  Hopefully SpeedVision will
once again get the contract.  I'm afraid that if ESPN gets it
again we will be back to the "...missed the start of the F1 race
so as to finish the Craftsman Truck Series preview..." bull
s#!t.  But I digress...
   Last Friday I intended to go home from work, finish the
remaining work on the B-GT and start it up!  Alas, that
did not happen but not because of any problem with the car.
I just got pulled off to do other 'more important' things like
shopping for bookcases and a trip to the zoo.  Beautiful winter
weekends are double edged swords.  Yet, I did make
considerable progress by staying up late and getting up
early.  The project that saw a major disassembly of the
the power plant, repainting of the engine bay, rebuild of the
engine and  restoration of virtually everything under the bonnet
ALMOST climaxed Sunday -- but time ran out.
   Remaining in the queue are:

1) Cleaning the fuel system and verifying clean fuel to the
    carbs.
2) Bringing the electrical system back on line and verifying
    the ignition.
3) Refilling the sump with Castrol 20W50.
4) Installing the valve cover, coolant pipe and associated
    rubber hose bits.

then...

5) Startup and dynamic adjustments!

So close, so close, so...