I'm back... (fourth try)

To: "MG listerati" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm back... (fourth try)
From: "Lonn & Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:44:26 -0800
and it's Carl French's fault.  I unsubscribed about four months ago or
more because I found that I just wasn't as MG oriented as I once was.
Some of you may remember that I did a complete mechanical and interior
restoration on a 1970 MGB GT.  Well, I completed that project two
winters ago, drove the car on its maiden voyage to the Vancouver, B.C.
NAMGBR meet, and to a few other ABFMs... and that's about it.  In two
years I have put a whopping 3200 miles on the car.  It runs perfectly
and looks great, but I just have too many other irons in the fire.  I
built it for my wife but she prefers the creature comforts of the
Saab, and since we just spent five grand repainting it she is pretty
proud of it...

I'm going to sell the MG.  I know that I will never, ever recoup my
cash investment, let alone the time investment, but I'm OK with that.
I tend to become obsessed (Lawrie, remember the '67 BGT I flew to
Sacramento to see?  I thought I needed another one...) with a project
to the exclusion of everything else, and I enjoyed the time working on
the MG immensely.  I thought I would offer it to the list first,
because I can't stand the thought of selling it to a non-enthusiast.
I don't want someone with no appreciation of the time and money spent
to just drive it into the ground.  I'm kind of ornery that way.  So,
somebody is going to get one hell of a deal.

If you have any desire to own a BGT (or a TR-6 for that matter), drop
me a line personally and I'll kick out a full description and
pictures.  If you want to look at my present obsession, click over to
http://users.owt.com/hoops .  I have moved on to bigger British toys.

Lonn Howard