Re: Technical Question Vac Adv. BTDT he he !

Subject: Re: Technical Question Vac Adv. BTDT he he !
From: Brent Schwartz <bschwar@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 06:54:39 -0600
I did a little homework last night and found that
I have the early distributer (40897) with a screw
vacuum connecter on the advance unit.  It appears to
be rigged for  port vacuum off the carb.   The vac
advance unit seems to be working...  However,
My engine is a 18GK definetly set up to have a
manifold vacuum distributer... ie no carb ports
to connect it to.

I am not sure I trust Moss
or Victoria British on this.  Does anyone
have suggestions on a supplier where I
can find a distributer with the correct
timing curve and vacuum advance unit
to go with my manifold vacuum connection.

I am considering two options:  Mallory Dual
Point, or trying to get a 41339 distributer that
matches the 18GK engine according to
Paul's list.  My primary concern here is
cost vs utility.  If I can get the Stock distributer
for considerably less than the Mallory
then I will go that route.  Otherwise If
the cost is nearly the same I will probably go
with the Mallory.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. The car is definately NOT origional so I am
not in the least worried about being "Correct"
I just want it to run good when I take it to the
Autocross this summer.