Insurance problems

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Insurance problems
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:20:55 -0500
Just had an unique negative experience with Hagerty insurance. I had Condon
& Skelley insurance for the past year, but figured I'd give Hagerty a try
since their premium was a bit cheaper for another $1000 of stated value over
my old policy. Also, I have seen many good reports about them from the list
in the past. Anyways, I sent in all the required info, and received a call
this morning saying I have been declined coverage. I ask why, and they say
its due to my driving/accident record. Now, I have had no traffic violations
since '93, and have never had an at fault accident. The lady at Hagerty said
she they were concerned with me having 3 claims for my Audi in the past 4
yrs (one was for my car being broke into, another for being rearended, and
the last for being hit in a parking lot when I wasn't even in the car). All
of these were either paid via my comprehensive coverage (juvenile who
trashed my car could not pay), or by the other driver's insurance. When I
filled out my application, I put all these incidents on the form, and now I
am sorry I did. I just can't believe they would exclude you from coverage
because of accidents that were not my fault. Looks like I am back to Condon
& Skelley (whose policy just expired, so now I need to completely re-apply
with them also). Rant mode off...

Craig
'71 B (65 degrees here today, no insurance so can't be driven!)