RE: Gas Tank

To: "Doug" <dprather@centurytel.net>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gas Tank
From: "J R Overcash" <jroverca@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:18:35 -0500
The only way I know of to get all the fumes and fuel residue out of a gas
tank is to let it sit.  When I was in the Army (been retired 4 years now) we
would pull the stings off of mops tie them together and put them down into
the fuel tanks. These were small fuel tanks that were used for tactical
equipment, fuel could not be stored in them when stored in garrison. They
would wick out all the fuel residue and speed up the release of the fumes.
This worked pretty well, but it does take time!

Safety Fast!

Ross Overcash
Ayer, MA USA
NAMGBR 2-1172