Last-minute Ebay bidding

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Last-minute Ebay bidding
From: "John Middlesworth" <top_down@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:07:31 -0500
The essential difference between an Ebay auction and a live auction is the
time element.  A live auctioneer will be more than happy to keep the bidding
going as long as hands keep going up in the air.  With last-minute bidding
on Ebay, those with a faster internet connection have an advantage, because
the screens refresh faster during those final seconds.

Even with that said, it's just sour grapes for this bidder to send you such
a note.  My experience in trying to get computer components on Ebay is that
the last-minute bidding in that area is taken as a norm; it's as if you're
not really playing the game unless you bid with only seconds to go.

So just let the guy be bitter.  When someone sent me a note chiding me for
last-minute bidding (sniping, as he called it), it was after HE won the
auction.  What a jerk.

John Middlesworth