Re: aluminum v8

To: Fred Zampa <FZampa@mail.maconstate.edu>
Subject: Re: aluminum v8
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:50:51 -0600
Forward from the autojumble list.

At 10:02 AM 2/13/2001 -0500, Fred Zampa wrote:
>   a guy who just bought a car from me said that he has a 218 c.i.d. v8
oldsmobile aluminum engine to sell.   isn't that the rover v8 ?  in any
case, the engine has been overhauled and he wants $200 for it.     anyone
interested should call him directly at 912-746-4907 (macon, ga.)

Basically same engine, but usually wears a 4bbl carb and puts out another
50 hp.  If it is really freshly overhauled it sounds like a steal to me.
Hope one of you on the mgs list jumps on it immediately.  Keep us informed
of course.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg