79' MGB roadster for sale in Southwest Missouri

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 79' MGB roadster for sale in Southwest Missouri
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:52:28 EST
Hello,

I have a marine blue 79' MGB roadster for sale. It is in good cosmetic
condition for its age, and has no detectable rust anywhere that I can tell.
It has a few blemishes and  original paint, and has a very nice luggage rack.
Its equipped with overdrive (not working at this time, but former owner said
it worked up until a few months before I bought it - probably an electrical
problem). The car is currently equipped with minilite mag wheels (see
photos). I don't have a top for the car but have the complete top frame
assembly. I never drove this car on anything but sunny days anyway so I never
needed a top. I have a practically new tonneau cover for it but it seems to
have developed a problem with the zipper. The local tent and awning company
says $25 for a brand new heavy duty zipper installed on the tonneau. I have
the top boot cover also. The floorboards are good, as is the carpeting (tan).
The seats were originally Autumn Leaf but have faded to a neutral blue/gray
color that looks OK with the marine blue exterior. The engine has good
compression, runs well, but is hard to start sometimes. I assume it needs
some attention to the choke controls on the carb. I used this car as a daily
driver last summer and it got me around dependably. Rubber bumpers are very
good. Email me for further information. As with any British car of this age
it has a few little quirks but nothing of any major importance. Pictures of
this vehicle are available at these addresses........

                                    www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/b1.jpg

                                    www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/b2.jpg

                                    www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/b3.jpg

                                    www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/b4.jpg

                                    www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/b5.jpg

I am asking $2200 for this vehicle but will entertain reasonable offers. I am
located in Springfield, Missouri. I can be reached at 417-877-8789. This car
is certainly not perfect by any means, but has a tremendous amount of
potential. Thanks for your interest.....Bill