re: A few pictures

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: re: A few pictures
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:35:41 EST
Beautiful job Rick!  I hope mine turns out that well.  How did you keep all
the brake lines and wires from getting paint on them when you painted the
bay?  Any secrets to make it easier is what I really should be asking.  What
type of paint did you use on the engine and how many coats to get that nice
shine?  Our local club is having an engine rebuild clinic this weekend at a
machine shop.  This combined with your pictures just has me iching to get
started!

Thanks

Scott
76B
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>, on 2/15/2001 9:48 AM:

Hello Gang,
   Last night I posted a note from my ValveCurtain account about a
successful startup of the rebuilt '70 B-GT engine.  One 'lister' asked
about pictures of the rebuilt engine.  I went out to the garage and took
a few.  Any excuse to go to the garage, eh?  Anyway, here are a few
links to the pictures I shot -- and the before pictures.  These are not
exactly before and after pairs, framed the same.  They are just quick
pix for your possible enjoyment.

Before:
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/EngineBayAsReceived1.jpg
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/HeadAndBlockRightSide.jpg
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/BlockRightSideStripped.jpg

After:
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/motor001.jpg

...and the other side

Before:
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/EngineBayAsReceived2.jpg

After:
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/motor002.jpg
 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/motor003.jpg

   An assortment of other pictures are in that same directory.  Please
feel free to help yourself...

 http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research