Wiring harnesses

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring harnesses
From: Brian Swearingen <woodysfj40@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:05:13 -0800 (PST)
I just finished replacing the front suspension/kingpins on my wife's
MGB and am getting close to tackling the wiring nightmare that the PO
left us.  Unfortunately, the nest of wires in there are about 50%
cut/hacked and the balance seem to be melting before my eyes, so I am
strongly considering a replacement harness.

Now for the radical approach...has anyone opted to install a
Painless/other harness in their MG?  Or is the added expense of the
original harness going to actually make things easier in the long run?
I'm leaning towards a Painless-type kit with actual circuits and fuses,
rather than the series loops that the MG factory harness is filled
with...

Additionally, if anyone on the list deals in parts and would like to
contact me regarding pricing, please feel free....direct email is
woody@ih8mud.com  I'm still on the fence on this project, but the
missus wants her baby ready by late April!

....returning to lurk and learn mode....

=====
Brian Swearingen        http://www.IH8MUD.com
** Pres, Land Cruiser Legends ** VP-Region C, Wisc4WDA **
1995 Toy Pickup, V6, 5-speed, 4.56, 33x10.5 BFG AT-KO's, discos
1974 FJ40, 350, SM465, SOA, 4WDisc, locked, Newfields, 38.5" SX's
1977 MGB (hers), 1985 Ford Class C, 1999 Honda Civic (hers)