question re seats

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: question re seats
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:44:40 -0500 (EST)
Hi list,
   About 6 weeks ago I replaced the seat webbing and added about 1 inch of
padding under the seat. After driving around, I found that that 1 inch of
padding was enough to reduce the seat "side elevation" that I found held
me to the middle of the seat. In conjunction with the new webbing, I found
myself staring at the top of the windshield (and I am only 5'8").
It was not comfortable.

   Here's my question. I removed the extra padding today. I was thinking
of adding a piece of cardboard to protect the bottom of the seat cushion
from abrasion by the new webbing.  Then I thought, won't the
cardboard-webbing friction produce annoying noise?

   So, what to do? Use the cardboard or not? Is there another material
that has been used that won't make noise? (Burlap was the original
material but I have none handy. I guess I could go buy some but...)
Suggestions? TIA.

Bill
76B