Re: <sigh>No LBC

To: JustBrits <justbrits@mediaone.net>, RobMGB@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <sigh>No LBC
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:52:08 -0800 (PST)
--- JustBrits <justbrits@mediaone.net> wrote:
> Rob:
>
> <<. It's about time they did something about head on
> safety>>
>
> It was such a FLUKE you will NOT believe.
>
> I took time off (well a couple of small things done)
> to watch.  How #20
> managed, i will not understand (well, I do, but in
> comparison...???).
>
> Ed
Hello all,
     Dale was a racer..he knew the deal every time he
belted into a race car..he will be missed by many,
myself included.
     Head restraints are not necessarrly part of the
picture in some instances..a snap crash at speeds in
excess of 175 MPH would tax any restraint..
     I recall, with a tear in my eye, when Rich
Vogler, a dirt track driver had his last crash..no
amount of protection would have saved his head when
his sprint car ran atop the retaining wall for some
hundred yards or so..
Let us remember these brave men for their involvement
in the sport they loved.
yours, Howard Gentry