Recent improvements to 67 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Recent improvements to 67 MGB
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:23:52 -0700
Couple minor improvements I made recently and thought I'd pass on to the
list.

1.  Put in an optima battery - can't do that, it won't fit you say.
Well since they're sealed, I set it on its end.  I had one problem with
the grounding strap crossing over the side post + terminal, but I
eliminated that and went to using the side post terminal for the
hook-up.  Starts at 0 and below with no problems.  Something I couldn't
say for the former battery.

2.  Re-routed the speedo cable for my OD trans.  This will sound odd,
minor, and silly.  As far as I can tell, the original position of the
speedo cable put it right by the turning, moving end of the inertia
starter.  I wore out two cables because of the location.  It sounds
simple, but you have to think about it - I relocated the (latest new)
cable around the other side of the tranny, and around to the angle drive
on the underside.