Rover V8 parts and Engine for sale

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rover V8 parts and Engine for sale
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:27:35 -0500
OK, my friend just bought a rolled Land Rover Discovery 1997 from an
auction. He
     used the interior to restore his discovery that had a fire in the
interior. He
     did not need the engine, or any other running gear for that
matter....
     So, I thought I'd take the engine and put it over to the MG pages
for a Rover V8
     conversion. The engine is a 4.0 litre with only 18,000...yes, you
read right,
     18K miles. I heard it run before the interior was removed.
     A very low mileage almost brand new Rover V8. Anything under the
hood did not
     get touched in the accident, it was a rollover with no frontal
damage.
     This is a no brainer. A brand new Fuel injected Rover V8 4.0 Litre.

     $2000 or best offer. You cannot go wrong. I am located in CT.
     Will ship anywhere at buyers expense....cheers

Here is the info on the other Land Rover Discovery parts if you are
interested:

Hi there, Usually I am parting out MG's but here goes. 1997 Land Rover
Discovery. Car came from auction.
Rolled on highway, Zero body panels salvageable, everything got smashed.
Rear glass is still intact though.
Here is what is available: Anything under the hood to include Engine,
Gearbox, transfer case.
No interior(already went to another disco) Except rear cargo jump seat.
Door lock actuators..etc
Inside of door panels etc.Engine has 18,000miles, yes that is right, and
I have seen the odometer..
18K miles, and the engine looks it too. In very nice shape. Heard it run
before the interior was taken out.
The Gearbox is an automatic. If you have any other parts that you need,
better email me and let me know as
it will be going to the crusher once the engine and trans, etc are all
gone. Rear spare mount survived as did the
rear
axle, etc. Email me and ask, I may have the part you need. No other
glass except rear door.
A very low mileage engine and running gear. Selling cheap. Buyer to pay
shipping if out of state.
I am located in CT. Why pay thousands rebuilding your rover engine, when
you can just plonk this
one right in. My email is flybirds@erols.com my phone is 203 776 0510.
Not a parts guy, just a rover nut.
My friend made one good car out of two, and he looks to get rid of the
rest of the wrecked car parts.
Engine:$2000 obo Transmission $1000 obo Transfer case $1000 or best
offer. Front axles, rear axle, etc.
LOW MILEAGE.
I will have pics after saturday. Email me with your needs so I can get
the parts off it before the crusher
gets her in its teeth. Thinking of keeping the wheels for my Rover. This
engine and Gearbox I am told
will work for just about any previous year disco or Range Rover.