Voltage stabilizer, part III

To: Mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage stabilizer, part III
From: The Sinclairs <rhsinclair@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:01:55 -0800
You may remember I've had trouble with this before, but I
think I'm close to finding the answer. I just got a new one
from Moss, and hooked it up, (though without attaching it to
the bulkhead, thus not giving it a ground), and it started
smoking. I got it disconnected before it was hurt (I think),
but now I'm afraid to reconnect it. I read on the archives
that connecting the wires to it without grounding it will
cause 13 volts to go through it, but is that enough to burn
it up?
   Thanks for the help.
        Rory
        '68 B